Director General, Department of External Relations and Legal Affairs, Asia Pacific Space Cooperation Organization (APSCO)
Field: Law; Policy
Profile: Ms. Aisha Jagirani is currently working as the Director General of the Department of External Relations and Legal Affairs at APSCO. She is responsible for all legal matters (including space law and policy), international cooperation, Member States relations, membership expansion and representation of APSCO at the international level.
Ms Aisha Jagirani has 15 years of experience in the fields of international cooperation in space, space education & awareness and space law & policy. Before joining APSCO, she was working with the Government of Pakistan, at the National Space Agency, in the capacity of General Manager (International Cooperation and Space Law). She was also the project in-charge for Space Education and Awareness Program in Pakistan from 2011 to 2014.
She holds a Master’s degree in Public Administration and another Master’s degree of Science of Law (Space Technology Applications).
Planned activities include, but are not limited to the following:
· In-house presentation on Space4Women and mentoring session with female employees at APSCO and sharing experiences on challenges faced by women in space sector.
· Organizing on campus lecture on “Space Careers for Women” for female students pursing Masters and PhD courses in space related fields, in collaboration with partner universities of APSCO in China, and in other Member States.
· Propagating scholarship opportunities for females in space education, provided by APSCO.
· Cooperate with embassies of Member States in China to organize lectures on creating space education awareness in schools run by the embassies.
· Collaboration with schools and universities in Pakistan to organize, lectures, create awareness about scholarships and careers in space a for females.
· Collaborating with female entrepreneurs and early career astronomers and other initiatives started by females in the Asia- Pacific region, connecting them the with right people.