Director General, Department of External Relations and Legal Affairs, Asia Pacific Space Cooperation Organization (APSCO)
Field: Law; Policy
Profile: Ms Aisha Jagirani is currently working as the Director General at APSCO. She is also appointed as the Acting Director General of Department of External Relations and Legal Affairs at APSCO and is responsible for matters related to space law and policy, international cooperation, Member States relations, membership expension and representation at the international level.
Ms Aisha Jagirani has 14 years of experience in the fields of International Cooperation in Space, Space Education & Awareness and Space Law & Policy. Before joing APSCO, she was working with the Government of Pakistan, at the National Space Agency, in the capacity of General Manager (International Cooperation and Space Law). She was also the project incharge for Space Education and Awareness Program in Paksitan from 2011 to 2014.
She holds a Masters degree in Public Administration and a degree of Master of Science of Law (Space Technolgy Applications).
Planned activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- In-house presentation on women4Space and mentoring session with female employees at APSCO and sharing experiences on challenges faced by women in space sector.
- Organizing on campus lecture on “Space Careers for Women” for female students pursing Masters and PHD courses in space related fields, in collaboration with partner universities of APSCO in China, and in other Member States.
- Propagating scholarship opportunities for females in space education, provided by APSCO.
- Cooperate with embassies of Member States in China to organize lectures on creating space education awareness in schools run by the embassies.
- Collaboration with schools and universities in Pakistan to organize, lectures, create awareness about scholarships and careers in space a for females.
- Collaborating with female entrepreneurs and immature astronomers and other initiatives started by females in the Asia- Pacific region, connecting them the with right people.